Solid Waste Management Facility
Since 2005, the Municipality of the District of Chester has invested millions of dollars in technology and infrastructure that have transformed the Kaizer Meadow Solid Waste Facility into a world leader in environmental management.
Some environmental highlights from Kaizer Meadows include:
- Construction waste is separated and stored to encourage reuse;
- The first facility of its kind in the world to introduce a comprehensive waste water treatment system that results in zero-discharge of effluent into waterways
- Mobile de-watering truck for leading edge treatment of septic waste;
- North America’s first GPS-operated landfill compactor that optimizes compact rates, reducing the facility’s waste footprint
- Synthetic daily landfill cover
To learn about waste reduction in our Municipality, watch our video.